The property that would become 15 East 67th Street was, until July 1866, part of New York City Common Land and was probably farmland.
In 1866, it was deeded to one Aaron Kamak, a cutlery dealer from Chatham Street in Lower Manhattan. Over the next thirty-three years, the property had many owners.
In 1903, Cortlandt Field Bishop and his wife Amy Bend Bishop purchased the land and the 1879 row house that occupied it for $235,000.
Noted architect Ernest Flagg who also designed, among other things, the famous Singer Building
in New York City and the Corcoran Gallery in Washington, D.C., designed the current townhouse, built in 1904.
After the death of Cortlandt in 1936, the house was sold to Anna Erickson, widow of the chairman of McCann-Erickson. Three months later Mrs. Erickson sold it to the 15-67 Corporation, which represented a group headed by Mrs. T. Charles Farrelly, who had been a hostess at the Crockford Club. The new Regency Club opened its doors to Members for the first time in October 1936.
On 22 October 1954 the 15-67 Corporation sold the property to the Regency Club, Inc.
In 1964 the Regency Club and The Whist Club, founded in 1894, were consolidated into the
Regency Whist Club.